Curry Noodles with Root Vegetables
This delicious recipe for Curry Noodles with Root Vegetables is a creamy Chinese style curry that makes a simple supper.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion cut into 1/2 inch chunk
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (minced)
- 1 carrot cut into 1/2 inch chunk
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 13.5 ounces coconut milk (400 ml)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (optional for vegetarians)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces egg noodles (225g)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
Step 1: Cook noodle/paste according to instruction on package. Drain and set aside. In the mean time, cut up all the vegetables.
Step 2: Heat the oil in a pot over medium high heat and add the onion, garlic, green pepper, carrots, and potato. Cook for about 6 minutes, until softened and fragrant. Add the curry powder, coconut milk, chicken stock, fish sauce, and sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the curry paste.
Step 3: Add cooked noodle to the curry. Turn off heat. Mix well. Add a squeeze of lime and serve.